Monday, August 9, 2010

5th week - Technological Teaching Aids

New week, new topic.

In today’s class, we were given the opportunity to expand the use of our teaching aids, of which we have only been using only traditional aids such as picture or word cards and so on. So, we were taught by Puan Foziah on how to use technological based teaching aids as this would help to spruce up our teaching and as especially we are going to teach young learners, the exposition of these technology based teaching aids, it would help to attracts their interest towards the lesson.

For this task, we were told to pair up with a partner from different gender as Pn. Foziah do not us to be working with the same people and to mix around with the other.

That won’t be such a problem to me since the class is only limited to my course mates and for this task, I paired up with Liyana. We’ve worked together before in the past, at the teacher’s training college, so, working with her is a bonus as I know how she works.

Both of us got on with our work after receiving it, and I tell you, finding and integrating all these technological teaching aids into our teaching has widened my perspective on teaching aids. I and Liyana had chosen these three topics for this particular task:

1- Healthy Living



2- Family First



3- Wonderfully Made



Who would have thought, e-books, musics, videos and games would have be a great teaching aids to be use as a teaching aids, but with the right implementation.

Working on this task made me realize that we need to spruce up my teaching and as I’m teaching in a new era with a new group of young learners who is brought up in this world, already exposed to all the technological wonders, I need to fully equipped myself with all the appropriate technological knowledge since I do not want to be left behind and laughed at by my own pupils.

Furthermore, the skill of implementing technological teaching aids into my teaching and also making it to work with the traditional teaching aids. These helps making my teaching to be more effective and with all the teaching aids, it lets the pupils to understand better on the topic taught.

Moreover, as a future teacher myself, I should use more modern teaching aids. Modern teaching aids are used to make learning sessions interactive and motivating. Nowadays, classes are equipped with modern teaching aids such as Interactive Whiteboards, visualizer, response system, projectors and educational software etc. Teaching with modern teaching aids is essential in the technological age. Many subject topics can be taught better and in more depth with modern teaching aids. Teachers must use various types of modern teaching aids to connect with students. Modern teaching aids incorporate audio-visual techniques that influence the interest and memory of students.

Until then,

Chill peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment